17 November 2020 | Online event
What policies to make waste management shift toward circular economy?
Thank you for your participation!
Click on the presenter’s name to download presentations
• Franc Bogovič, Member of the European Parliament
• RM in H2020 and Horizon Europe: Dr. Marcin Sadowski, Head of Sector of Raw Materials and SILC II of EASME (Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises)
09:50 COLLECTORS session: the main outcomes of the project
• General presentation of the project – Tjerk Wardenaar, PNO Consultants
• COLLECTORS outputs – Hanna Pikhola, VTT
• Focus on the environmental impact, the economic balance, social acceptance, and circular economy perspective of municipal waste collection – Bernhard Steubing, LDE – Twan van Leeuwen, PNO Consultants – Pierre Condamine, Zerowaste Europe – Ive Vanderreydt, VITO
• COLLECTORS Policy recommendations – Jean-Benoit Bel, ACR+
11:30 1st roundtable: improve knowledge of local waste management and traceability of sorted waste
• Keynote speech: new reporting obligations, new calculation methods – Silvija Aile, Deputy Head of Unit of the Waste Management and Secondary Materials Unit, European Commission’s DG Environment
• Roundtable discussion with Pascal Leroy, WEEE Forum – Christine Leveque, Suez – Arnout Sabbe, geoFluxus
12:15 2nd roundtable: economic instruments: how to make recycling financially viable?
• Keynote speech: economic instruments promoting re-use – Mathieu Rama, Rreuse
• Roundtable discussion with Joachim Quoden, EXPRA – Michele Giavini, ARS Ambiente – Julien Ruaro, ADEME
• The role of EASME (Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises) and final steps of Collectors: Susana Xara, Project Adviser, Sector of Raw Materials and SILC II, EASME
Jérôme Schuman (Eurocities)
Jean-Benoit Bel (ACR+)
Organised in collaboration with The European Parliament Intergroup on “Climate Change, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development”